Sunday, February 5, 2012

Oooops, I did it again...

I went to see "Iron Lady" again tonight.  So far "Avatar", "The Help", and now "Iron Lady" have warranted a second trip to the theater (I think it was actually a fourth with Avatar - lol).  Favorite MT quote #2:


"Watch your thoughts for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions for they become...habits. Watch your habits, for they become your character. And watch your character, for it becomes your destiny!"

When I was a kid, we used to watch Flip Wilson (I know; I am WAY dating myself now).  Remember his famous line?  "The devil made me do it!"  I sure wish I could blame my stupid choices on the devil...or ANYone for that matter.  (!)  I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve, and speak my mind probably more often than I should.  My face, to those who know me, speaks louder than even my words at times.  Emotions are amazing things.  A sight, a sound, a song, a smell, a taste, a touch...can evoke an emotional reaction so strong, catching us completely off guard.  Do you have a favorite smell?  Mine is skunk.  Seriously!!!  Well, ok...one of them.
How is it that we can see somebody walk by, who we DON'T EVEN KNOW, and have a physical reaction to just seeing them???  We are indeed fearfully and wonderfully made.  What we do next, however, is the barometer of our character.  The maturity "litmus test", if you will.  God created emotions and gave them to us for very wonderful and specific purposes; however, we're to guard our hearts, our tongues, our responses, and ultimately the resulting actions, despite what our emotions may initially dictate.  Even prophecy is subject to the prophet.  Sorry, Flip..."We da boss o' dem."

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment