Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saying "Goodbye"...

Ugggghhhh....one of the worst things in the world for me is saying goodbye.  Grief sucks.  Whether it's due to a death of a loved one, a friend moving away (sniff), an ended relationship, or having to let somebody go that works for you, it's all hard.  The latter was my case today...I had to let an employee go.  That is so hard for me. I guess I don't understand why somebody CHOOSES to continue down a road where they know there are consequences for their behavior (or lack thereof in this case), much like a child CHOOSES to disobey or cross a boundary...and suffer the consequences of discipline.  Oh, but wait!  (insert "aha! moment" here) I guess we all do that to some extent, don't we?  We choose to do things we shouldn't, hoping that the "powers at be" will have mercy and let us slide...all the while knowing that if they love us, they won't.  I wonder if it breaks God's heart to discipline us like it breaks ours to discipline our kids...or employees.  Hmmmmm.....  Help me to choose wisely today, Lord, from that which I have learned from past discipline and not break your heart as mine is broken right now.   <3

No comments:

Post a Comment