Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine's Wish...

Philippians 1:3-11, Ephesians 3:16-19, Romans 8:38, Ephesians 2:10


"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight....I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God....For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord....For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago..."


On this, my 48th Valentine's Day...I strive to focus on what I have and not on what I don't.  I have three incredible children who all know Christ as their Lord.  I have family that I cherish, friends that I adore - many of those who have become family to me.  I have an amazing church family and the opportunity to serve with the talents I have been given.  I have loved and have known love and continue to pursue love...through my family, friends and strangers who cross my path.  And yes, I even got flowers and chocolate today!

As a single woman, sometimes I get lonely but I am never alone; I know the love of God surrounds and fills and comforts me, with gentle whispers of how loved and important I am...to Him.  May the love of God fill you to overflowing today, whether you have a human being to celebrate with or not.  Know that you are loved, created with a purpose, and passionately pursued and kept by the lover of your soul. 

Happy Valentine's Day
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment